Staging To Sell
Life is full of changes. Some minor, Some major and Some right in between. If you're here my guess is your major life change is approaching. Selling your home.
When preparing to sell your home there are so many thoughts that come to mind like what should I focus on, how do I make my home more appealing, how do I get the most for my house, and so on. You're in luck because I am going to share a few tips on how to better prepare you to list your home to fulfill all of those things.
1. Depersonalize
First and for most you want to depersonalize. As cool as your bobblehead collection is or as nice as your wall of portraits are, it's important to limit personal items when preparing to list. If you have ever been in the search for a new house and walked into a house giving you way too much information on who is selling it makes you feel like an intruder versus a potential buyer. You want your house to almost feel like a clean canvas. A space that is inviting but yet open to the ideas of the new owner.
2. Clean Up
Clean every room, space, corner and cupboard. What you don't notice, someone else will. I prefer dusting first, then vacuuming, vacuum once more and then mop. Surfaces such as kitchen and bathroom countertops will need to be cleaned as well - try THIS :) Cleaning also provides a clean slate. Smell can scare a lot of potential buyers away. You want your house to feel and look its best!
3. Declutter
Clutter not only makes the house feel dirty but it makes it feel smaller. You want to try to remove things from your countertops, closets, under sinks and other tables to make your house feel more spacious. Sometimes decluttering prior to listing makes moving itself smoother. You can start by sorting what you want to keep, what you want to donate and what you want to discard. Having a designated place for each thing can clear up space and save you a job in the future.
4. Highlight House Features
Whether you have a beautiful fireplace, built-ins, or a lovely dining area, it's important to highlight them. You will want to rearrange furniture to put the focus toward them. You could also add accents to pieces of furniture to bring out its characteristics. Highlighting features of your house will make your home feel more rich, complete and show off its true beauty.
I hope these tips helped! If you're thinking of selling in West Michigan I would love to help you!
Click here for more info - Megan Gunia, Five Star Real Estate

Comments
Post a Comment